100 Reasons Why You Don’t Get Your Best Ideas At Work
February 3, 2023 | by Chris Kalaboukis
Since 1987, I've asked 2,500 people where and when they get their best ideas. Less than 2% have said "the workplace."
Based on my 33 years of working with a ton of innovation-seeking organizations, here's my take on WHY you don't get your best ideas at work:
1. Too much to do, not enough time.
2. Too many distractions and interruptions.
3. You work in a risk averse organization.
4. Sleep deprivation.
5. Mental clutter.
6. Fear that someone will steal your idea.
7. You don't think of yourself as creative.